Job Opportunities at Planet Dog
The Accounting Specialistis responsible for the financial record keeping for Planet Ventures, Planet Dog Wholesale and Planet Dog Retail. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Process accounts payables; pulling and coding bills, sending bills to managers for approval, entering bills into ERP system for payment, weekly review of check run with CEO for issuing check payments and
2. Process accounts receivables to include posting customer payments, posting invoices, issuing customer credit memos, customer refunds.
3. Manage company collections and receivables for both companies to ensure we are paid on-time. Will work with Collection Agency as needed.
4. Manage cash accounts daily; daily cash reporting; bank reconciliations, etc.
5. Complete outside sales rep commissions and payments
6. Pull/code and process credit card invoices for payment.
7. Assist with month end close process; reconciling intercompany accounts, processing journal entries, ensuring A/P and A/R equal trial balances.
8. 1099 annual filing, maintaining accurate vendor records.
9. Approve credit applications and net 30 terms.
10. Reconciliation of credit cards.
11. Complete monthly sales tax for both companies.
12. Provide direct support to retail store regarding transaction related issues/questions.
1. Daily bank deposits.
2. Assist with additional accounting activities as needed.
3. Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
4. May be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week periodically as business needs require. (This will be discussed and approved by your Direct Supervisor.)
5. Must be able to work at Company events not schedule during your normal work week. (This will be paid time.)
6. Must be willing to volunteer time for Planet Dog Foundation event once a year.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
1. Associates Degree in Accounting required with 3+ years business experience in accounting.
2. Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Netsuite experience is a plus.
3. Strong organizational and processional interpersonal skills with strong attention to detail, and comfortable managing a diverse set of tasks and responsibilities.
4. Must have solid time management skills.
5. Must be highly organized and detail-oriented with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a positive, upbeat attitude.
6. Must have a positive attitude each day with exceptional communication skills.Please send cover letters and resumes to Sean Callahan, firstname.lastname@example.org