Job Opportunities at Planet Dog
Company Store Manager
The Company Store Manager is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the company retail store to meet sales & operational goals set by the Headquarters Team. Responsible for identifying needs and developing programs and policies to support the effective execution of these functions. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for overall management of store inventory, including: product choice and merchandising, min/max system, ordering, cycle counts, quarterly inventory activities, markdowns and increased turns policies. Actively address store shrinkage and inventory concerns with store team after each inventory cycle to determine methods to improve where needed.
- Together with Headquarters support and approval, implement and execute Company Store division policies and procedures. Monitor & measure to ensure all policies and procedures are being carried through at the store level and if not, proactively initiate necessary compliance measures and generate new policies for better performance.
- Assist Co-CEO's with the creation of detailed annual budgets and cost analysis for each store.
- Manage Company Store employees and development through activities such as Leadership Team meetings, Store meetings, training sessions, feedback and coaching of team, store performance reviews, store walkthroughs and regular meetings with Headquarters team.
- Work closely with SPA/Groom Manager to ensure the SPA/Groom shop is clear with expectations, create annual SPA budget, Work on marketing programs to drive SPA business and strategic plans for growth.
- Meet all Company Store annual operating budget goals to include sales goals, payroll budgets, discounts and other operating expenses. Proactively report on company stores performance levels on all of the above and address areas of concern on a timely basis
- Together with the Headquarters Marketing Team, design and implement promotional and marketing programs to maximize sales opportunities. Develop plans to increase number of new customers and increase repeat customer purchases. Create internal "contests" within stores to increase sales, improve service and morale.
- Create and maintain the highest customer service levels within the company store through continual training, monitoring and reporting on service levels.
- Conduct monthly operational audits and "store walk-throughs" to the store is merchandised to company standards, is clean and neat and safe for all employees and customers.
- Identify opportunities for additional sales and assist with special events to be held in stores (e.g., Speaker Series Events, PDF events, Community events, book signings, etc.) and provide analysis of results.
- Supervise and delegate work to store leadership teams and other team members, including performance appraisals and corrective actions as needed. Ensure timely communication of all necessary information to the Company Store team to ensure they feel connected to Planet Dog's corporate office; that they understand paths of communication and corporate culture.
- Ensure daily closing activities are completed and accurate. Monitor reporting and all transactions for accuracy.
- Work with Leadership Team to develop Company Store Strategy and long-term growth objectives.
- Keep guiding company values in mind at all times.
- May be required to work in other Company departments.
- May be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week as business needs require.
- Must be able to travel to Company and store events as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. unassisted.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures. Demonstrates proper lifting and lead by example in taking personal accountability for workplace safety.
- Participates in all Planet Dog Foundation and Company Store functions, projects or events. Embraces and is an active participate in all company initiatives and volunteer program.
- Assists with special projects as assigned by the Executive Leadership Team.
- Assistant Company Store Manager
- Groom Manager
- Company Store Team Leader
- All Company Store employees
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years retail management experience at the multi-store level.
- Strong POS systems experience and computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel and NetSuite preferred).
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Solid leadership skills including management at distant locations.
If this all sounds like you, we'd love to hear why. Please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.